Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Team Jasmine Beating Cancer 1/29/13

Greetings Everyone,

We have some exciting news to share with you all during this blog.  First of all, we would like to thank everyone for your continued support and prayers.  Jasmine is doing well and she continues to get better.

Last week, we blogged about the CT scan that she would be getting of her stomach.  We have some great news regarding the CT scan.  Based on the reviews from the Doctors, the size of the tumor that is located in her lower abdominal area has significantly shrunk.  She has been continuously having bowel movements and she has no longer been throwing up.

However the CT scan did show that she has a slight case of pneumonia in her right lung.  She is currently getting treatment for the pneumonia with a general anti-biotic.  She has continued to breathe well, so well that yesterday the Doctors decided to take her breathing tube out.  We cannot express how amazing it is to hear her voice again.  She has continued her favorite thing to do, watching Fresh Beat Band and singing along.  She still has a nasal canula that the nurses keep lowering the oxygen level on until she gets used to breathing again on her own, which she is doing.

The CT scan also showed that the tumor could have possibly built a fistula (connection) with her GI track or intestines.  She had a procedure today that required X-ray and contrast to see if the tumor was connected.  The study came out to look just fine so the Doctors are discussing whether they can begin feeding her through her feeding tube tomorrow.
Her next round of chemo begins tomorrow and we are hoping to continue to take steps in the right direction.  Hopefully by next week will be out of the PICU and back on the Hematology/Oncology floor.  Again, thank you so much for your positive thoughts and prayers.  Thank you and God Bless.

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." - Isaiah 41:10 (KJV)


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Glad to hear of the improvements. You all continue to be in my and my family's thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for spending time updating us when you have so many other concerns! Praises are being lifted to our Great Healer for the steps forward. We are delighted that she is singing in the midst of this. It says a lot about you and Ryan as parents! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zully, this is Phil Rogers. I heard about your daughter Jasmine. I wanted you to know that Rachel and I will definitely be praying for you, Ryan & Jasmine. I will also add her to our church's prayer list. As you may remember, we have a daughter, Chloe that is about the same age. I do not know what you are going through but wanted to share with you some passages that have been helpful to me lately. 1 Peter 5:7, "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." The other is Psalm 42:5, "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? HOPE THOU IN GOD: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance."

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7
    God is already moving in little Jasmine's life! My family and I will be covering you all in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss your courage and smiling faces in the PICU- but we couldn't be happier that you've moved up. Glad she is doing well! She is just beautiful! We are praying for you! -Beth, Josh, Lily & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jasmine will kick cancers butt!!! Cancer, I hope you are scared - you messed with the wrong melvin! love marie and taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayers our with Jasmine and the family, God is good and he is working it out. Thanks for the updates. God bless!! shelia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the update! It I'd great to hear Jasmine is doing so much better. Our prayers continue to be with you all!

    ReplyDelete